Here are the guidelines...
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
Ok, so here's a peek into my teacher fashion:
1. Most of my teacher clothing comes from the Limited.
Admittedly the full price of most of their clothing items is a little silly, but they have the best sales! AND!!!! If you don't already know this blogging friends, they have a TEACHER DISCOUNT! All you have to do is show your teacher ID card.
I also really enjoy shopping for my teacher fashion at The Loft and New York and Company.
I don't think The Loft has a teacher discount (that I know of, if anyone knows differently, I'm all ears!), but NY&CO has the same discount as The Limited :).
2. I used to have jewelry to match every outfit in high school and college, but I've gotten kind of slack since I started teaching... probably my favorite accessories now are scarves. However, I am having a Premier Designs Jewelry party at my house next Monday and I am excited to start building up my jewelry again!
3. I mostly teach in flats (which I've realized is going to make most of my 6th graders taller than me this year in all of my 5 feet and 2 inches!). If I'm feeling really snappy, I'll put on wedges. My first day of teaching I wore some stellar heels, and I went home barefoot with extremely blistered feet. I save the heels for special occasions now :).
4. I don't have any one item, but I love cardigan sweaters! There are so many cute cardigans out there right now, and they look super cute with skirts, pants, shorts, and capris! AND you can add fun camis and scarves to make different outfits! Here are some of my new purchases for the school year that I'm just loving:
5. I haven't really had any big "oops" moments, but my school has a pretty liberal dress policy, and there has been a time or two that I've been leaning over working with a student and decided to take a certain top out of my school clothing options if you know what I mean!
So that's a little window into my back-to-school teacher fashion! Make sure to hop on over, link up, and look at lots of other fun school fashion if you haven't yet!