Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Meet the Teacher Night Linky Party!

As I mentioned earlier, I am moving from 2nd grade to 6th grade. I've been racking my brain to come up with ideas for our Meet the Teacher Open House Night because I feel like all the fun "cutesy" things that I've done in the past aren't quite appropriate for my 6th graders this year... As I was sitting her, I realized that there is a whole world of teachers bloggers with fabulous ideas out there, why not ask them?  I can't wait to read about what you all do when you meet your students and parents for the first time! So blog friends, link up and share your ideas for Meet the Teacher Night.


Here are the rules for joining the party:
1. Grab that button above for your post and link back to this post!
2. Share your fabulous ideas for what you have the parents and students do when they come to your room to meet you. What do you have out for them to do or fill out? Do you give the students any "welcome gifts"? Don't forget to post pictures if you have them!
3. Comment on at least one link before yours and one link after!

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    14 years ago I went from teaching 11 years at the Elementary level....I loved all that cutesy stuff in my classroom...guess what? Middle School students love it too! I think it let's your students know that you really care about them! I give them a welcome bag every year...there are some cute ideason blogs and such....I bought a bunch of Smarties the other day for their bag....something to the effect...I know you are going to be a real Smartie this year. I always have left overs and during the year if someone really offers a great answer I throw them a Smartie.....open House, last year I had popcorn packets out labeled "Thanks for Popping In!".....they loved it! If you just continue to be yourself I think you and your students will have a great year!

    ReplyDelete