Wednesday, August 8, 2012

And so it begins...

Well, the back-to-school bug got to me! En-route to get a gift for a friend's wedding, I somehow found myself mesmerized in the Target dollar section... two hours later, I found myself leaving with quite the haul for my classroom :).


I was inspired by a fellow blogger's post on organization and might have gone a little bit "bin crazy"! But, one of my favorite buys is the dictionaries! I am so excited to finally have enough dictionaries for all of my students! AND BONUS- only $1 a piece, how can you beat that?!


I am moving from 2nd grade to 6th grade at my school this year (still in an elementary school), and I realized that I was severely lacking in intermediate/middle school classroom supplies.


I also picked up a WHOLE BUNCH of pocket charts. Not sure what I'm going to use them for yet, but for $1 each, I just couldn't pass it up.

Yesterday I made my first trip back to my classroom and brought all my fun new stuff in! I have A LOT of work to do because I had to move all of my stuff out of my previous classroom. Totally worth it with the awesome view I have of Lake Minnetonka out my window though! I plan to go back again tomorrow after my heat yoga work out and will update as I make progress!  Oh, and don't worry- In my giddiness over new school supplies and the start of a new school year, I still remembered to buy the wedding gift :).

4 comments:

  1. I just want to cry a little. I don't have a Target anywhere near me :(

    --Andi
    Mommy, Teacher, & So Much More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer! Walmart has a really similar dollar section if you have one of those nearby :). Definitely worth checking out! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE all of your stickers and goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one - it's so easy to go bin crazy! And just plain school-supply crazy! Love it. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm pretty new too.

    Emily
    Tangled with Teaching

    ReplyDelete